Samsung has recently released the Android 4.2.2 Jellybean for many of its Smartphones and tablet devices. If owned the amazing Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, and still haven’t received the Android 4.2.2 OTA update on your device, then don’t worry folks, you can still update your device to 4.2.2 firmware.
Today, I will guide you, using the step by step instructions, How to Manually Update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5100) to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The method is simple and you really need to follow the exact steps in order to successfully update your device.
Preparing Your Device
- This manual update guide is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (3G+WiFi) GT-P5100.
- This update is only released in France region, But still no matter, from wherever you are, you still can use this update on your device.
- This update tutorial is for both Rooted and Unrooted devices.
- This is the Official released by Samsung, so don’t worry, update your device, without any tension.
- Backup your device.
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
- Also, Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- Also make sure you have installed the Samsung USB Drivers on your Windows PC. If not, I have given the download link in the below section.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. If you’re unsure, how to do it, then it is recommended that you don’t play this game.
- Click Here to Download the Android 4.2.2, P5100XXDMH1 Firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (3G + WiFi) (GT-P5100).
- Click Here to Download Odin3 V3.07.
- Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for your PC, If you already haven’t installed on your PC.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5100) to Android 4.2.2
1. First of all, Unzip the Odin3 zip file on your desktop.
2. Now Reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, into Download Mode:
Here is how to do it;
- Switch-off your Galaxy Tab 2.
- Now press and hold the Volume Down+Power buttons at the same time, until you see the warning message on your screen.
- Now just hit the Volume Up button and you’re in download mode.
3. Now run the Odin3.exe and connect your Galaxy Tab 2 to your PC.
4. Make sure Odin recognizes your device, If not then try changing the port or else Reinstall the drivers again.
5. Once your device is recognized, Now make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked.
6. Now hit the PDA Button and select the firmware file you have downloaded and then Click on the START button.
7. After that Odin3 will start flashing the Android 4.2.2 update on your device, you need to have patience, it can take time depending on your PC and Device.
8. Once its get completed, Odin will notify you, and you’ll see the green pass message, which confirms that Odin has flashed the update successfully. Your device will also get rebooted.
That’s it folks, By now you should have successfully updated your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100, to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean. When your device will now reboot with android 4.2.2 firmware installed. Now you can enjoy the new amazing and improved features of android.
At the end, I tried my best, to make everything as simple as possible, so that you can easily understand each and every step, Hoping that the process went smooth for you, without experiencing any errors.