T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, can now be updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the Carbon AOKP Custom ROM. If you’ve makeup your mind to Update Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3, then it is the right place and perfect time, to update it safely. We’ll guide you throughout this tutorial, using step by step instructions, How to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using Carbon AOKP Custom ROM.
This is custom ROM, which called Carbon AOKP, and is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android Builds. This Custom ROM is perfect, with many new features, to enhance the performance of T-Mobile Galaxy S3, and unlock its real potential, this also has fixes for bugs.
Before we move on, it is recommended that first read the guidelines and prerequisites, in order to successfully Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This update guide is only for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3. Therefore, do not try to attempt this guide on other devices.
2. For this Tutorial to work, You need to have Rooted Galaxy S3, with Custom Recovery Installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP), it also should be Factory Unlocked.
3. Backup your important data, before you move on further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S3 by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Make sure you have at least 60% battery charged on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3.
6. Also, make sure you’ve installed USB Drivers on your PC. If not then download it from the download section below.
7. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We’ll not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that it has been tested on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and is confirmed to be working 100%.
1. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers. If you’ve already installed drivers or Samsung Kies, then there is no need to download this file.
2. Click Here to Download Carbon JB Nightly ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S3. (Download the latest version)
3. Click Here to Download GApps files for Galaxy S3.
How to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using Carbon AOKP Custom ROM
1. First of all, Connect Galaxy S3 to PC and without extracting transfer/copy the Carbon JB Nightly ROM and GApps files to the root storage on your device.
2. Once the files are transferred successfully, you can then disconnect your mobile from PC.
3. Now Reboot your device into Recovery Mode, Here is how you can do it;
- First Switch off your Phone.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ buttons at the same time, until you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
4. You’ll be using Volume Up/Down keys to navigate through the different options and Use Power button to Select your desired options.
5. An important step, It is recommended to first create a Nandroid Backup, so that in case you’re not happy with the ROM, then using the Nandroid Backup, you’ll be able to Restore Back to your current ROM.
For CWM – Navigate to and select ‘Backup and Restore’ and confirm to save it to the specific location (Internal or external memory).
For TWRP – Tap on Backup and select the system file, you want to Backup.
6. Now you need to clear cache, so that you’re able to prepare your Galaxy S3 for Update.
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
7. Finally your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 is now ready to be updated.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Carbon JB Nightly ROM zip file and confirm.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select the Carbon JB Nightly ROM zip file for Galaxy S3, after then swipe to confirm.
8. Depending on your device, it can take some time to flash the Carbon JB Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3, so have patience.
9. After successfully flashing the Custom ROM, using the steps as you did in Step 7, flash the GApps file.
10. Once both files are successfully flashed, then Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
Once your device boots normally, it should be running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Hopefully you’ve learned, How to successfully Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using Carbon AOKP Custom ROM. For further Tips and Tricks and Updates stay tuned to OhGuideMe.