Recently Samsung has officially released the Android 4.1.2 Firmware update for Galaxy Fame VE Duos via OTA. I know some of you may have not received the update notification on your device. For this reason, You can follow this step by step guide, How to Manually Update Galaxy Fame VE Duos GT-S6790 to Android 4.1.2 Firmware.
Guidelines and Requirements
1. This Firmware Update Guide is only for Galaxy Fame VE Duos GT-S6790. Do not try to flash this firmware update on any other device, it may brick your device.
2. Make sure you Galaxy Fame VE Duos is Factory Unlocked.
3. The Firmware Update Guide is for both Non-Rooted and Rooted devices. Applying this update will Unroot Galaxy Fame VE Duos.
4. At this point, Backup your important data before you proceed further.
5. Also make sure you’ve installed USB Drivers on your PC. If not then download it from the below section, I have given the link to all the required files in the downloads section.
6. Before applying the update, be sure you’ve got enough charge on your device, at least 70% battery charge is recommended.
7. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, We shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. It is only for educational purposes, Note that this is the Official Firmware Update and has already been tested on Galaxy Fame VE DUOS and is confirmed to be working perfectly.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.1.2 Firmware S6790ZSAMI3 update for Galaxy Fame VE Duos GT-S6790.
2. Click Here to Download Odin3 V3. 07.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Fame VE DUOS (GT-S6790) to Official Android 4.1.2 Firmware
1. First of all, make sure you’ve installed the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. After then extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
2. Now run the Odin application on your PC.
3. At this point, Reboot your Galaxy Fame VE DUOS to Download Mode;
- First Switch Off your Galaxy Fame VE Duos.
- Now press and hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ buttons at the same time, till you see the warning message on your screen.
- After that just hit the Volume Up button and you’re done.
4. While in download mode, Connect your Galaxy Fame to PC and make sure Odin recognizes your device. You’ll see the Added!! In the message section of Odin and also the ID:COM Port will either turn blue or yellow.
5. If in case, you’re able to connect your device, then try changing the USB Ports or Reinstall the drivers. Now move further.
6. Now in Odin make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked.
7. Finally you’re ready to start the updating process for Galaxy Fame VE Duos. Just hit the PDA button in Odin, and select the Firmware Update file. When ready just hit START Button.
8. At this point, you need to have patience while Odin flashes the Firmware Update file on your Galaxy Fame VE Duos. It can take time and it depends on your device and PC.
9. Once it gets completed Odin will notify you, via the Odin screen, where you’ll see the PASS!! Message and at this stage your device will reboot automatically.
10. Now you can disconnect your device from PC and wait for your device to boot normally.
At the end, Hoping that everything went as smooth as you’ve expected, and you have successfully updated your Galaxy Fame VE Duos GT-S6790 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. For more Updates, Tips and Tricks, Root Tutorials and Custom ROMs stay tuned to OhGuideMe.