The recognized xda developer Geohot has finally rooted the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 model number SM-G900v. Here is the step-by-step rooting guide to safely and successfully root your phone in a moment.
Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- First of all download the latest version of towelroot app from HERE. Here is the procedure on how to download the towel root apk file:
- On the next page, Click Save as page to save the tr.apk file to your PC.
- Next copy the tr.apk file to your phone storage by connecting to PC via the USB cable.
- Now head over to your phone Settings > Security and check the option Unknown Sources.
- Finally go to the storage directory where you’ve placed the apk file.
- Tap and install it.
- Once installed successfully, launch the towelroot app.
- Tap on the make it ra1n.
- Have patience while the rooting process gets complete. Once completed, your phone will automatically reboot.
- To install SuperSU app which grants root permission to your device. Download SuperSU.
- Unzip the folder and copy the Superuser.apk from the Common folder to your phone.
- Just like the other apk file, install it.
- Congratulations! You’ve now successfully rooted the Verizon Galaxy S5. Enjoy the root privileges on your GS5.
- In order to confirm your phone has been rooted successfully, Open Google Play Store app and install the Root Checker app.
- Also do not forget to update the SuperSU binary from the Play Store.
That’s it folks, indeed it was all a simple guide on how to root your Verizon variant of the Galaxy S5, Hopefully it helped you to root your phone successfully. Do let us know and share your own views in the comment section below. For more Android tips and step-by-step guides keep visiting.