This specific Rooting tutorial is mainly for Galaxy Note 2 i317 Model, so make sure you check yours before you further proceed, because it may brick your device if you do not have the correct device. Just head over to your device settings menu, then “About Device”, and check your device model, it should be Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Model no.i317. If you have got the correct model proceed further, otherwise let us know in the comment box we will guide you. (if you have got Model i317M).
There are certain things and requirements you must have, in order to successfully Root your Galaxy Note 2 i317:
- The first thing you need is, Download Odin3-v1.85.
- Now Download CF Auto Root for your Device which is Galaxy Note 2 i317. [Click Here to Download it]
- As a precaution, make sure you have more than 60% battery on your device.
- Disable the Anti-Virus, Samsung Skies, or any other programs running on your PC, it may interfere during the root process.
- Most important of all, Enable USB Debugging on your Device from Android Developers Options. If you don’t know how to do it. Read this one [How to Enable USB Debugging on Android]
- It will be wise, to Backup your device before you proceed.
- Last but not least, You are doing it, at your own risk.
Step By Step Instructions to Root Galaxy Note 2 [i317 Model]
STEP 1. To begin Rooting Process for your Note 2, Go to the Folder, where you putted the 2 downloaded files 1. Odin3 V1.85 2. CF Auto Root. Now unzip/extract the files on your desktop.
STEP 2. Now once you, extract the files, Now double click on Odin3 V1.85.exe to launch it.
STEP 3. Now switch off your Galaxy Note 2 and put into Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down+Home Button+Power Button.
STEP 5. Once odin recognizes your device, then proceed to hit the “PDA Button” and select the file you extracted from CF Auto Root folder.
STEP 6. Now you can click on “Start Button”, to begin Rooting Galaxy Note 2.
STEP 7. Now have some patience, it can take up to 1 min to, while Odin3 processes and prepare rooting data for your Device, it will add on SuperSU app to your device.
STEP 8. During step 7, you may notice unusual things, but let it go, Now your device will Reboot normally, Once you see the Green Label “PASS” on the Odin3 Menu at the upper left side, you can then disconnect your device from PC.
STEP 9. You make sure you have successfully Rooted your Galaxy Note 2, go to your apps section and find “SuperSU App”. Now open Google Play Store from your device and Type in search bar “Root Checker” by JOEKRIM and install it on your device.
STEP 10. Once everything gets complete, go ahead and launch Root Checker and click on “Verify Root Access” Button and it will show the the message ” Congratulation, This Device has Root Access“.
That’s it, you have successfully Rooted your Galaxy Note 2 by following the exact steps. If you still have confusion at any step, feel free to ask in the comment box.