Samsung has officially released the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Mega 5.8 model number GT-i9152. You can update your phone via Kies or OTA. If you’ve already updated your phone and looking for a working rooting guide, Here is the step-by-step guide on how to safely and successfully root the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 running on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Before you start rooting your Galaxy Mega 5.8, there are certain guidelines and requirements you need to understand and follow in order to safely and successfully root your phone.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with USB Cable.
- You should know rooting android phone voids warranty and therefore proceed at your own risk.
- Get Odin v3.07 from our download page.
- Rooting package for Galaxy mega 5.8 i9152 Here
- Go to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you’ve good enough battery charge on your phone.
- Best of Luck and carefully read and follow the instructions. Remember Rooting is Easy!
Root Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152
- Turn off your phone and reboot into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons then press the Volume Up key to confirm.
- Now on your PC, extract Odin and I9152-JB_4.2.2 boot.tar.
- Run Odin as an administrator.
- Next, Connect your Galaxy Mega to your computer via the USB cable.
- In Odin, Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and rest leave the default settings.
- Click on the PDA button and select the boot.img file you’ve extracted earlier on your desktop.
- Click on the Start button to Run the root procedure of and wait for a minute to complete the flashing process. When it completes, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
- When your boots normally, check that SuperSU has been installed and to further verify the root process, Open the Play Store app and install the Root Checker to verify root access.
Congratulations! You’ve now successfully rooted the Galaxy Mega 5.8 running the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Hopefully it worked like a charm for you. Do let us know and share your experience in the comment section below. Feel free to contact us if you do need further support and assistance. For more Android tips and step-by-step guides keep visiting.