Here is the exact step-by-step guide to safely and successfully root the AT&T variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 model number SM-G900A using the towelroot app by the recognized xda developer geohot. Rooting the Galaxy S5 is now much more easier and you can easily gain root access within a few seconds which can also be called 1-click root method for AT&T Galaxy S5.
Without further wasting your time, let’s move on and learn how to root your phone.
Root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A
- First of all download the latest version of towelroot app from HERE.
- Now move/copy the towelroot apk file to your Galaxy S5 by connecting to PC via the USB cable.
- Head over to phone Settings > Security and check the option Unknown Sources.
- Finally go to the storage directory where you’ve placed the apk file.
- Tap and install it.
- Once installed successfully, launch the towelroot app.
- Tap on the make it ra1n.
- Have patience while the rooting process gets complete. Once completed, your phone will automatically reboot.
- To install SuperSU app which grants root permission to your device. Download it from HERE.
- Unzip the folder and copy the Superuser.apk from the Common folder to your phone.
- Just like the other apk file, install it.
- Congratulations! You’ve now successfully rooted the AT&T Galaxy S5. Enjoy the root privileges on your AT&T GS5.
- In order to confirm your phone has been rooted successfully, Open Google Play Store app and install the Root Checker app.
- Also do not forget to update the SuperSU binary from the Play Store.
At the end it was a simple rooting tutorial on how to root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5, Hopefully it did help you to root your phone. Do let us know and share your experience in the comment section below. Do not hesitate to comment, if you do need further support or having issues in rooting your phone. For more step-by-step guides and Android tips keep visiting OhGuideMe.