So you have owned, LG Optimus G Pro E980? and want to Root and Install CWM Recovery? Congrats!You are on the right place, to do it safely and easily. I will guide you step by step, First we will install the CWM Recovery on your LG Optimus device then we will proceed to Root the G Pro E980.
Before we move forward, I recommend you to first read the important instructions, before we proceed to Root your Android device:
Things you should know before Rooting LG Optimus Pro E980:
- Rooting will void your device Warranty.
- Although Rooting does not erase data from your device, but then it is recommended that you Backup important data, if you do have!
- You need to have installed LG usb drivers on your PC [Click Here to Download].
- Also, Enable USB Debugging Option from your device Settings->Developers Options.
- Make sure you have enough Battery/Charge on your device, at least 60% is recommended.
You also need to Download E980-UniversalRoot zip file package, [Click Here to Download]
Now you have make up your mind to Root LG Optimus G Pro E980 and have understood terms and conditions as well downloaded the necessary files as i have listed above, then you are ready to go ahead.
Follow the Instructions to Root LG Optimus Pro E980
1. First of all, Extract/Unzip the downloaded file on your desktop.
2. Also, be sure that your phone is in Charge Mode.
3. After you confirm charge mode on your G Pro E980, Connect to PC and wait approximately for 3 minutes, remember do not rush have some patience!!
4. From the extracted folder, run the CurrentRoot.bat file. It will prompt you to enter MTP mode, now again wait for 3 minutes as did before.
5. After MTP mode, press any key to continue. Now after the process gets complete, your LG device automatically reboot. You can then remove your device from PC.
By now you have successfully rooted LG Optimus Pro G E980, but still we have not installed the CWM Recovery, Now follow the below instructions to get it:
Instructions to Install CWM Recovery on LG Optimus Pro G E980
1. After you have rooted your device, Run Google Play app from your device.
2. Once Google Play Store is open on your device, search for ” FreeGee Free” tool and Install it on your device.
3. Now once you install it, Run the FreeGee Free application on your device. From there hit the Unlock my Optimus G option and confirm it as shown in the below images:
Now whats Next? There are several Apps and Customs ROM’s waiting for your device to Install.
At last, Hopefully you have successfull Root and Install CWM Recovery on your LG Optimus G Pro E980, however if in any case you have confusion or stuck at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section.[source: XDA]