Samsung recently released the OTA Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update for Galaxy Grand Duos. If for some reasons, you were unable to Update your Galaxy Grand, then use this manual guide, to safely and successfully Update your Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This manual update guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Do not try this on another Samsung device, it may brick your device.
2. Note that this is the Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update, You’ll lose your Root if you’re rooted.
3. Backup your data before you proceed further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Grand by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. You should have at least 70% charge on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that the Firmware is Official and has been tested on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
2. Click Here to Download Odin3 v3.07.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers. Note that if you’ve already installed USB Drivers for your device or Samsung Kies then there is no need to download this file.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Official Android 4.2.2 Firmware
1. Extract the Odin3 zip file on your desktop and launch Odin3.
2. Reboot your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
3. While in download mode, Connect Galaxy Grand Duos to PC via USB Cable. At this stage make sure Odin3 recognizes your device. If not then try changing the USB Port or Reinstall the USB Drivers.
4. When everything is setup correctly you’re ready to flash the Official Android 4.2.2 Update file using Odin. Now hit the PDA button in Odin3 and Select the Firmware file and then hit the START Button.
5. After that have patience, while Odin3 flashes the Android 4.2.2 Update on your device. Once it gets completed you’ll be notified by a green PASS!! Message in Odin and at this point your Galaxy Grand will Reboot Automatically.
6. Now wait for your device to boot normally. Note that for the first time, it will take time, so have patience, there is nothing to be worried about this issue.
That’s it folks, After successfully flashing the latest official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update, you can now enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 with more improved and latest features. Let us know in the comment section, How everything went up for you. If you really want to take your device performance to the next level, then stay tuned to OhGuideMe for Root and Custom ROM’s Tutorials.