If you have already rooted your Verizon Galaxy S3 and looking for a Perfect Custom ROM, then go for Carbon AOSP JB Nightly ROM, it is one of the well known team, who has developed a number of high quality and high performance optimized custom ROMs for many Android devices. Follow this step by step guide and learn how to install Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S3 safely and successfully.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This guide is only for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3. Therefore do not try to flash these files on another Samsung or variant of Galaxy S3. You have to be careful, it may brick your device!!
2. Your Galaxy S3, Should be Factory Unlocked, Rooted with custom Recovery installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP).
3. When installing Custom ROMs there are always chances of losing your data, therefore, we always recommend to Backup your device, before you proceed further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S3, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Make sure you have enough charge on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. Our main aim is to educate and guide you, we shall not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM has been tested with Verizon Galaxy S3 and is confirmed to be working perfectly.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM for Verizon Galaxy S3.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs.
How to Install Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3
1. First connect your Verizon Galaxy S3 to PC via USB Cable and without Extracting/Unzip copy the downloaded files to the root storage of your device.
2. Once you’ve transferred the file to your device, disconnect it from the PC. Now reboot your Galaxy S3 into Recovery Mode, here is how you can boot it into recovery mode;
- First Switch off your GS3.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ buttons at the same time, till you see the recovery options on your screen.
3. If you’ve installed ClockworkMod Recovery, then you’ll be using the Volume Up/Down to switch between options and Power button to select or confirm any option.
4. Now using the recovery options, first Wipe data and Factory reset your Galaxy S3;
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Before installing a custom ROM, I always recommend to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that in case you want to restore back to your current rom, using the Nandroid backup you’ll be able do it.
For CWM – ‘Backup and Restore’ option. From there just Backup to your desired location.
For TWRP – Tap the Backup button and select the system partition files you would like to Backup.
6. Finally you can now proceed further to installing Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20130815-0035-d2vzw.zip file and confirm.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select the CARBON-JB-NIGHTLY-20130815-0035-d2vzw.zip, file, after then swipe to confirm.
7. Just wait while the Carbon JB Nightly ROM is flashed on your Galaxy S3, it may take some time depending on your device. Once it gets completed, using the same method, step 6, flash the GApps zip file on your device.
8. Once both files are successfully flashed, go back to recovery options and repeat step 4. After then, using the recovery options Reboot your Verizon Galaxy S3.
Note that for the first time, your device may take some time to boot normally, there is nothing to be worried about it, it is normal.
That’s it folks, We always try our best, to make everything as simple as possible, so that you can understand each step and able to install custom ROMs and Update your Android devices yourself. Hopefully you’ve found this tutorial useful and have successfully installed Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S3. For more tips and tricks, tutorials and Updates stay connected with us.