If you’ve already rooted your HTC One X and Custom Recovery is already installed then Avatar Custom ROM is the perfect choice to try out on your HTC One. Follow the step by step custom ROM installation tutorial, to installl Avatar Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly ROM for HTC One X. Before you move on further, there are certain requirements and guidelines you need to follow in order to safely and successfully install Avatar Custom ROM on HTC One X.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Custom ROM installation tutorial is only for HTC One X. Do not try to flash these files on another HTC device. It may brick your device!!
2. It is compulsory to have HTC One X Rooted as well as Custom Recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery must be installed, before you proceed to install Avatar Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly ROM.
3. It will be at your advantage to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and settings as well as your important data before you proceed further.
4. Another important step, You’ll have to Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X by going to Settings and Developers options.
5. Before installing Avatar Custom ROM on HTC One X, Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your device, 80% charge is recommended in order to avoid uncertain shutdowns during the installation.
6. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Avatar Android 4.3 Jelly Bean nightly_3.1.7 Custom ROM for HTC One.
2. Click Here to Download GApps Zip Package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install Avatar Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly ROM for HTC One X
1. Connect your HTC One X to PC via USB Cable and transfer both downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
2. After files are completely transferred to your HTC One X, Reboot your device into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
3. This step is really important, the first thing you should do in the recovery mode is to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM and settings, so that in case you later want to restore back to your current rom, Nandroid Backup will help you.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. Now you need to Clear Cache Partition and Factory reset your HTC One X.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally you can now install Avatar Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly ROM on your HTC One X.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Avatar zip file package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Avatar Custom ROM Zip file package from the Storage Directory.
6. Using the same method as in step 5, flash the GApps zip package to install Google Apps on your HTC One X.
7. Once you complete all the steps successfully as mentioned above, then using the Recovery Options Reboot your HTC One X. Remember, When booting for the first time your device may takes longer to boot normally, this is just normal and there is nothing to be worried about it, it can take up to 5 mins.
That’s it folks, Hopefully by the end of this Custom ROM installation, you’ve learned how to install Custom ROM on HTC One X. As usual we tried our best, to make each step as simple as simple, so that you’re able to easily install custom roms. If somehow you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section and we’ll try to response as quickly as possible. For More Tips and Tricks, Updates and Root Tutorials stay tuned to OhGuideMe.