Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly Custom ROM, has been announced for US Cellular Galaxy S3. If you’ve already rooted your GS3 with custom recovery installed, then it is the perfect time to install Carbon Custom ROM on your Galaxy S3. Follow the step by step guide, How to install Android 4.3 JB Carbon AOSP JB Nightly ROM on US Cellular Galaxy S3.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This Custom ROM update guide is specifically for US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3. Do not try this on another variant of Galaxy S3, it may brick your device.
2. Make sure your Galaxy S3 is a Factory Unlocked, Rooted and Custom Recovery is installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP).
3. Important point, if you’ve got important data on your device, then Backup your data, before you move further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your US Cellular Galaxy S3, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Also make sure, you’ve got enough charge on your device. At least 60% charge is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We shall not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. Although the Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has been tested on US Cellular Galaxy S3 and is confirmed to be working perfectly.
1. Click Here to download the Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly custom ROM for US Cellular Galaxy S3.
2. Click Here to download GApps for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
How to Install Android 4.3 JB Carbon AOSP JB Nightly ROM on US Cellular Galaxy S3
1. Firstly, Connect your Galaxy S3 to PC via USB Cable and transfer the download files to the root storage of your device (Micro SD Card or Internal Storage).
2. After then disconnect your Galaxy S3 from PC and Reboot it into Recovery Mode, by Pressing and Holding the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ Buttons at the same time, till you see the recovery options on your screen.
3. Important step! Take a Nandroid Backup using the Recovery options. Nandroid Backup will help you to restore back to your current ROM and settings.
4. After then follow the instructions below to Clear Cache and Factory reset your US Cellular Galaxy S3.
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 is now ready to be updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip file and confirm to flash.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select the , after then swipe to confirm.
6. Once you install the Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM, like the Step 4, flash the, GApps Zip file.
7. Depending on your device, it can take some time to flash the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM on Galaxy S3, so have patience.
8. Once both files are successfully installed (Custom ROM and GApps) ,then Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
Finally now just wait for your Galaxy S3 to boot normally, Remember, when booting for the first time, it will take some time, so have patience, it is normal and there is nothing to be worried about it.
For more tips and tricks, Updates and Custom ROMs stay connected with us.