I assume you have played enough with your Rooted Galaxy S4, and now want to unroot your Galaxy S4! There could many reasons for one, to unroot the Android device, it could be you want to sell your phone, and therefore it is necessary to reclaim your Galaxy S4 by Unrooting it, or you are fed up with rooting and so on. This time you would have notice, that Rooting does give you more freedom on your device and improve the performance of your device, thanks to Android, and its developers who made it Open Source. I am a big fan of Android, it gives many options and opportunities to do whatever you want to customize your smartphone with Custom ROM’s and many third party applications. Above all, you can also claim back your device warranty after Rooting it, today it is our concern, ‘How to UnRoot Galaxy S4 and claim back your device warranty?‘ I will definitely guide you step by step to Unroot your Rooted Galaxy S4.
You must know, that the easiest way to unroot your Galaxy S4 is to install the official firmware and reset the flash counter to zero. I will show how to do it in a few easy steps. First of all you need to download the exact official firmware for your device. I have given below the download links to different variants of Galaxy S4, you have be careful when downloading the exact the firmware for your device model. If you don’t know about your device model, go to Settings->More Tab->About device.
Download Links to Official Firmware for Galaxy S4
[alert style=”white”] Make sure to download the correct Firmware for your specific Galaxy S4 model no. and Country/Region. For reference of CSC code for your country, you may find this link useful. [Link] Once you download it extract/unzip it in folder. [/alert]
- Galaxy S4 International GT-I9500 : Download
- China Unicom Galaxy S4 Duos GT-I9502 : Download
- Galaxy S4 International LTE GT-I9505 : Download
- AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 : Download
- Canadian Galaxy S4 GT-I337M : Download
- T-Mobile USA Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 : Download
- Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I545 : Download
- Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 : Download
- U.S. Cellular Galaxy S4 SCH-R970 : Download
Requirements to UnRoot Galaxy S4 and Reclaim Warranty
- You need to download Odin3 V3.07: Click Here
- You need to have installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC, if not then download it from here: [Download Link]
- If you want to reclaim your device warranty, then download this app from Google Play Store, [Root] Triangle Away [download link]
- Backup your important data before you further proceed.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device, if not first of all charge your Galaxy S4.
- Most important of all, Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S4 from Settings->More->Developers options.
Step by Step guide to Unroot Galaxy S4
Step 1. First of all, to reclaim your Galaxy S4 warranty, you need to run the Triangle Away app, as i have already told you in the requirements sections. Make sure you have downloaded and installed on your device.
Step 2. Now just run the Triangle Away App and you will guide by the app, how to reset the flash binary counter to zero.
Step 3. Note that you can also unroot your device using the SuperSU App, already installed on your Rooted Galaxy S4.
Step 5. Now you need to boot your device into download mode by holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time, untill you see the Recovery mode screen. You can then press Volume up, to confirm download mode.
Step 6. Now launch the Odin3.exe and connect your device to PC. Make sure it recognizes your Galaxy S4, Just check the Port ID:COM it will show.
Step 7. From Odin menu, Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Options. And leave the Repartition Uncheck.
Step 8. Now you are ready to go, just click on the PDA Button and select the firmware tar.md5 file, you have downloaded earlier, then hit the Start Button to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S4.
Step 9. Now have some patience, while Odin carry the flashing process, Once it gets completed, you will see the green signal message, Pass! and at this instance your device will also Reboot.
Step 10. Now wait for the device to normally Reboot, it may take some time.
Congrats, you have successfully Unrooted your Galaxy S4 and have installed the Official Firmware on your device. Hoping that the whole process has went good for you, without any errors, still if you do have confusion at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section.
If you find it useful and working for your, do not ignore the sharing buttons to give us like, tweet or +1.