The Motorola’s new flagship device, Moto X released under the Google Umbrella, has so far received a good response from its users. The new Smartphone, has terrific and astonishing features, and this time, there is a big difference in the Motorola new Smartphone, unique and elegant design makes it the best Smartphone ever by Motorola Inc.
If you owned this amazing Smartphone, you would probably want to customize and get the most out of your Moto X. The only way to do it, first Unlock Bootloader and Root your device. In this Root tutorial, we’ll guide you, using step by step instructions, How to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Moto X Smartphone. Moto X comes with Locked Bootloader, therefore to root your Moto X, you’ll first have Unlock Bootloader and then proceed to Root & Install CWM Recovery. Currently Unlocking Bootloader on Moto X is available for the following carriers and regions:
Preparing Your Device
- Your device should have Unlock Bootloader. If not then Click Here to Unlock Bootloader on your Moto X.
- You should know, Unlock Bootloader, voids device warranty and you’ll also lose all your data, therefore, make sure to Backup your data, before Unlocking Bootlaoder.
- The CWM Recovery is Unofficial and released by a recognized XDA Developer, named as mattlgroff.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, We do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong with your device. (Although it has tested on Moto X and is confirmed to be working 100%)
- Click Here to Download the Motorola USB Drivers for your PC. (Download it if you’ve already not installed on your PC)
- Click Here to Download the Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery for Moto X.
- Click Here to Download SuperSU zip file package for Moto X by Chainfire.
- Click Here to Download Fast Boot Drivers.
How To Root & Install CWM Recovery on Moto X
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on Moto X
1. First of all extract the Fastboot drivers and Recovery folders on your desktop.
2. Now Rename the ‘cwm188.8.131.52.img‘ CWM Recovery image file to ‘motox.img‘ or whatever you like. Now move this file to the extracted fastboot folder. (As have done in the below image).
3. At this point, you can reboot your Moto X into Bootloader Mode. Here is how to do it;
- First Switch-off your device.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Down+Power‘ buttons at the same time.
- Now once you see the boot logo, then release the Power key but keep holding the Volume down key till you see the Bootloader menu options on your screen.
4. While in the bootloader mode, connect your Moto X to PC using the Data Cable. At this point make sure that the PC, recognizes your device. Otherwise try changing the USB port or reinstall the drivers.
5. On your PC, head over to the fastboot folder, in the folder hold the Shift Key and Right click then select the ‘Open command window here‘.
6. You should see the command line window, now type the following commands and hit the Enter key;
fastboot flash recovery motox.img
7. After the command, it should flash the CWM Recovery on your Moto X. At this stage, what you need to do is, go to the recovery menu from the options shown on your screen.
8. Once you get into ClockworkMod Recovery, then using the options listed, Reboot your device.
By now you only have installed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Moto X, now follow the instructions below to Root your Moto X.
Rooting Moto X
1. First of all, Move/Copy the SuperSU zip file package to the Root storage of your Moto X.
2. After that, you need to Reboot your Moto X to ClockworkMod Recovery. Here is how to do it:
- Switch-off your Moto X.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up+Power buttons at the same time till you see the Recovery Screen.
3. You’ll be using your Volume Up/Down keys to navigate through the different options and Power key to select any option.
4. It is recommended that, Backup your device, using the Backup and Restore option.
5. Now choose the ‘Install Zip’ and select the SuperSU zip file package to flash it on Moto X.
6. Now once it gets completed, Wipe Cache, then go to Advanced and wipe, Dalvik Cache.
7. After everything is done, you can Reboot your device.
Once your Moto X reboots normally, make sure that SuperSU is installed on your device, which confirms that you’ve successfully root access on your Moto X. You can also Install the ‘Root Checker’ App from Google Play Store to Verify Root Access on your Moto X.
That’s it folks, Hoping that finally, you’ve learned how to root and install CWM Recovery on Moto X. Let us know in the comment section, how everything went up for you.[via:xda]