SlimBean Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly Custom ROM is now available for Google Nexus 4. Follow the step by step tutorial, How to safely and successfully flash the SlimBean Custom ROM on Google Nexus 4.
Guidelines and Requirements
1. This Custom ROM Update guide is specifically for Google Nexus 4. Therefore do not try to flash these files on another android device, it can brick your device.
2. Make sure you’ve already unlocked Bootloader, Rooted and installed Custom Recovery on Nexus 4 (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
Also Read: How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Nexus 4.
3. It is also recommended that if you do have important data on your device, Backup now, before you proceed further.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your Nexus 4 by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Before installing Custom ROM, make sure you’ve enough battery on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. Remember this guide is only for educational purposes, and we shall not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that, SlimBean Android 4.3 ROM has already been tested on Nexus 4.
1. Click Here to Download SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM for Google Nexus 4.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install SlimBean Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Google Nexus 4
1. First of all, transfer both zip files to the root storage on your Nexus 4.
2. After then Reboot your Nexus 4 into Recovery Mode. Here is how to do it;
- Turn Off your Google Nexus 4.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time till you see the recovery options on your screen.
3. Once in the Recovery Mode, It is important to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. Later if you decided to switch back to your current ROM
4. Now prepare your Nexus 4 for the Custom ROM installation, by clearing system cache and factory resetting.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your Nexus 4 is ready, to install SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM;
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select SlimBean Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the SlimBean Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the SlimBean Nightly ROM is successfully flushed on Google Nexus 4, then use the same method, as in Step 5, to flash the GApps zip file.
7. After everything is done successfully, using the recovery options, Reboot your device. Remember for the first time, it make take some time to boot normally, there is nothing to be worried about, it is normal.