In my previous guide, I showed you, How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Now I will guide you, using step by step instructions, How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM. If you’re really interested to experience something new on your Note 2, then try to flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 and you’ll a whole new different world then your default Android OS.
Before we move on further, there are certain things you should know in order to successfully flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
Preparing Your Device
- This guide is only for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Do not try this on another variant of Galaxy Note 2.
- You’re also suppose to have Rooted Galaxy Note 2 with Custom Recovery Installed (TWRP or ClockworkMod Recovery) Click Here If you’ve not rooted your device.
- Make sure you’ve installed Samsung USB Drivers on your Windows PC. If not! Click Here to Download.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- Make sure you’ve enough battery on your device. At least 60% is recommended.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. If you really don’t know, what you’re doing with your device, then it’s better not to play with your device.
- Click Here to download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM for Galaxy Note II.
- Click Here Download GApps for CyanogenMod 10.2
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
1. Connect your device to PC and transfer the download files to your Micro SD Card. For your ease put both files in a single folder. (CyanogenMod 10.2 and GApps zip package).
2. First of all Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. Let’s learn how to do it :
- Switch-Off your Note 2.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ buttons at the same time, until you see the Recovery options menu.
3. If you’ve installed TWRP Recovery you’ll get this screen.
4. Now just tap the Wipe option. Further tap on Advance Wipe-> then check the following options:
- Dalvik Cache
At last then move the slider to wipe.
5. Now go back to Main Recovery Options.
6. Then tap on the ‘Install‘ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM zip file package. Then swipe to confirm flash. Now wait until it completely flashes the CyanogenMod on your Galaxy Note 2.
7. Now again tap back and then select the GApps folder and same like before Swipe to confirm flash. Once the GApps zip file is flashed successfully, from there again tap the ‘Wipe Cache/Dalvik‘ and then Swipe to wipe.
8. Navigate to the main menu again and tap the last option called ‘REBOOT->SYSTEM’.
That’s it folks, Now wait for your device to boot normally, this time you’ll notice it will boot with CyanogenMod logo. It can take time to boot normally, just have patience. At the end, hoping that you’ve learned, how to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. If you really need further support, regarding this, feel free to let us know in the comment section.