CyanogenMod 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and have got more advance features and bug fixes. You can follow this step by step tutorial, in order to safely and successfully flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4.
Before Flashing the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build, there are certain Guidelines and Requirements you should follow and implement in order to safely and successfully Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Guide is only meant for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4. Do not try to flash these files on another device, it can brick your device.
2. Make sure your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 is already Rooted with Custom Recovery Installed (CWM or TWRP Recovery).
3. It is recommended to Backup your phone data, if you really do have important data on your data.
4. You’ll have to Enable USB Debugging on your GS4 from Settings.
5. Remember you need to have at least 70% Battery charge on your device. Because it’ll be really horrible if your battery end up in the middle of the installation.
6. Do it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if you brick your device, by taking any wrong or skipping any step stated in this tutorial. Note that CyanogenMod 10.2 Build for T-Mobile Galaxy S4 has already been tested and is confirmed to be working smoothly.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for CyanogenMod 10.2.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
1. Connect your T-Mobile GS4 to PC using the USB Data cable and transfer the Downloaded files to your device internal or external storage.
2. Once files are successfully transferred, you can then disconnect your GS4.
3. Now Reboot your Galaxy S4 into Recovery Mode. Here is how to do it;
- First Turn Off your GS4.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ Buttons at the same time till you see the Recovery Menu or Options on your screen.
4. At this point it is highly recommended that you take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM and Settings, so that in case you later want to Restore back to your Current ROM, Nandroid Backup will do it for you.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
5. Now you need to Wipe and Factory reset to prepare your device for new installations.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
6. Your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 is now ready for installation of CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 zip file package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Zip file package from the Storage Directory.
7. Now just wait for your GS4 to completely flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 on your device. It may takes some time depending on your device, once it gets completed you’ll be notified.
8. When the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM Build is successfully flushed on T-Mobile Galaxy S4, Now you’re supposed to install GApps files on your Galaxy S4 using the same step as you did in Step 7.
9. Finally you can now Reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using the Recovery options.
10. Note that your device will take some time to Reboot Normally for the first time, it can take up to 5 mins.
That’s it folks, By now you should be running CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build which based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with more advance features and tweaks to enhance your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 performance. Hopefully you’ve learned, How to safely and successfully, Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4. For more Tips&Tricks Follow and Stay Tuned to OhGuideMe.