Carbon JB Nightly ROM is now available for AT&T Galaxy Note 2. You can use this guide to flash Carbon JB nightly ROM on your Galaxy Note 2. You can also visit the official developer website, if you really want to know more about Carbon Custom ROMs.
Before we flash the Carbon JB Custom ROM, there are certain guidelines and prerequisites you should know in order to successfully flash the Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Galaxy Note 2.
1. The custom ROM installation guide is only for Galaxy Note 2. Do not try to flash these files on another device or variant of Galaxy Note 2, it may brick your device.
2. Make sure your AT&T Note 2 is Factory Unlocked, Rooted with Custom Recovery installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. It is recommended to Backup your phone data.
Also Read: Best Backup and Restore Apps for Android
4. Additionally Enable USB Debugging on AT&T Galaxy Note 2 by going to Settings, Developers Options then USB Debugging.
5. Also note that, you must have at least 70% charge on your Galaxy Note 2, otherwise you may get into trouble in case of battery failure.
6. Last but not the least, Do not skip any step, in case you brick your device, we shall not be responsible. Note that it is only for educational purposes and it has already been tested on AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
1. Click Here to Download Carbon Nightly ROM for AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Carbon JB Nightly ROM.
How to Flash Carbon JB Nightly ROM on AT&T Galaxy Note 2
1. First of all, Transfer the Carbon JB Nightly and GApps zip packages to the Micro SD Card or internal storage of your device.
2. After completion, Disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 from PC.
3. Now Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. First Turn Off your Note 2 then by Pressing and Holding the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time until you see the Recovery options on your screen.
4. At this point, the first recommended step is to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM and Settings.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your SD Card or Internal Storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
5. Now you need to Clear System Cache and Factory Reset your Galaxy Note 2.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
6. Finally the wait is over, AT&T Galaxy Note 2 is now ready for custom ROM installation.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM zip package.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM zip package.
7. Now using the same method as in Step 6, Flash the GApps Zip file on your Galaxy Note 2.
8. Finally you can Reboot your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 using the Recovery Options.
Remember for the first time, your Galaxy Note 2 may take some time to boot, which is normal, it can take up to 5 mins. We always try our best to make each step as simple as possible for our readers, so that they’re able to install Custom ROM successfully and safely.