After Rooting and installing custom Recovery on your T-Mobile Galaxy S4, you’re now ready to install Custom ROMs. Today, I will guide you using the step by step tutorial, How to flash Carbon JB Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4.
Before we move on, there are certain guidelines and requirements you need to fulfill in order to successfully flash the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM on your GS4.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Custom ROM flashing tutorial is only for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4. Do not try to flash these files on another device or variant of GS4, it can brick your device.
2. Also make sure that you T-Mobile Galaxy S4 is Factory Unlocked, Rooted with Custom Recovery Installed (CWM or TWRP custom Recovery).
3. Make sure you Backup your Data before you proceed further.
4. You’ll have to Enable USB Debugging on your T-Mobile Galaxy S4.
5. Important point to be noted, You must have at least 70% Battery charged on GS4 before installing Carbon JB Nightly ROM.
6. Do it at your own risk. Note that Carbon JB Nightly ROM has already been tested on a number of T-Mobile GS4 devices and is working perfectly. At last, Do not skip any step in the tutorial, following the step by step guide, Will make it easy and will help you to successfully flash Carbon JB Nightly ROM on your Galaxy S4.
1. Click Here to Download the latest build of Carbon JB Nightly ROM for T-Mobile GS4.
2. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 GApps for Custom ROMs.
How to Flash Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
1. First Connect your T-Mobile GS4 to PC using the USB Data Cable and Transfer the downloaded zip files to the root storage of your Micro SD Card or Internal Storage.
2. Once files are successfully transferred, you can then disconnect your Galaxy S4 from PC.
3. Now Switch Off your GS4 and Boot it into Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ Buttons at the same time, until you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
4. Whenever installing a Custom ROM, it is highly recommended to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM and Settings, so that in case you later want to Restore back to your Current ROM, Nandroid Backup will do it for you.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your SD Card or Internal Storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
5. Now you need to Wipe and Factory reset your Galaxy S4 in order to prepare your device for new installations.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
6. You have now just prepared your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 for installation of Carbon JB Nightly custom ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM zip package
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM zip package
7. After then just wait for your device to Completely flash the Android 4.3 JB Nightly Custom ROM using the Custom Recovery. Remember it may take some time, it depends on your device.
8. After successfully flushing the Carbon JB Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4, its now turn to install GApps files on your Galaxy S4. Using the same method, as you did in Step 7, Flash the GApps.
9. Finally you can now Reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 using the Recovery options.
10. In the end, Remember for the first time, your device will take some time to Reboot Normally, it can take up to 5 mins to Boot normally. By now your T-Mobile GS4 should be running Carbon JB Nightly Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
Hopefully by the end of this tutorial, You have learned, How to Safely and Successfully Flash Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4. We always make sure to make each step as simple as possible, so that everyone can understand and implement on their own. If in case, you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section.