Rooting your Anroid device does gives may options to Flash Custom Recovery, Custom ROMs in order to customize and enhance the performace of your device with built-in teaks. However Rooting Android phones does voids your device warranty, and that is actually something you’ve to bear. These days, thanks to the recognized developers, using the exploits apps you can relclaim back your device warranty by install the stock official firmware and resetting the flash counter using the Triangle Away App which available on Google Play Store.
Although Rooting is something that gives you so many previlages on your device, Like Apps which needs Root access, improves overall performance and gives you control over your device customization OS. However there may come a point when you want to get rid of Root and want clean stock rom on your device, there could be any reason, like you want to reclaim lost warranty on AT&T Galaxy S3 and want to sell it. Today, I will guide you, using the step by step unroot tutorial, How to Unroot AT&T Galaxy S3 and reset flash counter using the Traingle Away App. Please do not skip any step as advised in the tutorial and follow the guidelines in order to safely and successfully unroot and reset flash counter on your Galaxy S3.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Unroot Tutorial is mainly for Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T, do not try to flash these files on another variant of GS3 or anyother device.
2. This tutorial is specifically for Windows users.
3. You need to Backup your phone data, as it will erase everything on your phone.
4. Also you’ll have to Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers Options.
5. As usual, we always recommends to have at least 80% battery charge in order to avoid sudden shutdown during the firmware installation.
6. Do it your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware I747UCDLK3 for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
2. Click Here to Download Odin to flash the stock firmware on your Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
3. Click Here to Download USB Drivers for your PC. Note that if you’ve already installed samsung kies, then there is no need to download this file.
4. Click Here to Download Triangle Away Apk for AT&T Galaxy S3 to reset the flash counter.
How to Easily Unroot and Reset Flash Counter for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (Step by Step Tutorial)
1. The first thing you need to do is install Triangle Away APK on your AT&T Galaxy S3. When installing make sure you’ve already enabled ‘install from unknow sources’ from your settings menu.
2. Once Triangle Away app is successfully installed, launch it and follow the instructions on the screen.
3. In the Triangle Away App menu, Tap the ‘Reset flash counter’ on your AT&T Galaxy S3. During this your phone will automatically reboots and on the boot screen you should see a warning message. There just hit the Volume Up key to confirm the reset counter and status on your GS3.
4. Now make sure you’ve installed USB drivers on your PC. Also extract the Downloaded Files on your desktop (Odin and the Firmware).
5. Launch Odin on your PC and Reboot your Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 into Download mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time, until you see a warning message on your screen, and then hit the Volume Up key to confirm Download Mode.
6. While in Download Mode connect your AT&T GS3 to PC via the USB cable. At this stage, make sure Odin recognizes your device. The ID:COM port will either turn Yellow or Blue and also the Added!! will be shown in the message section of Odin.
7. Do not make any changes in the Odin menu, just leave the default settings and hit the PDA button and select the firmware update file, you’ve just extracted earlier from the downloaded files. After then hit the START button to flash the stock official firmware on your AT&T Galaxy S3.
8. Just wait for the Odin to successfully flash the stock firmware, once it gets completed, Odin will notify you usin the PASS!! message and your phone will also automatically gets rebooted.
9. After your phone boots normally, this reboot it into Stock Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously.
10. In the Recovery Mode navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset, and confirm it using the power button.
11. After then select the Wipe Cache Partition.
12. Finally using the stock recovery option on your GS3, Select Reboot System Now.
That’s it folks, Now should be running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean I747UCDLK3 Firmware on your Galaxy S3 AT&T, which is currently the official latest version for Samsung Galaxy S3. Hopefully by now you should’ve learned, How to Safely and Sucessfully Unroot and Reset Flash Counter on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 using the Triangle Away App and Stock Official Firmware. For more tips and tricks, Updates and Root Tutorials stay connected with us.