So have got the latest Google Nexus 7 (2013), right? First of all congrats! That you have got such a great, innovative tablet device, with a lot of new features and specifications. Now, let’s talk, Unlock Bootloader, Root and Installing Custom Recovery, TWRP on your New Google Nexus 7. Definitely you must be looking for safe, reliable guidance. I will guide you step by step, First how to Unlock Bootloader, then How to Root and at last we shall try to Install Custom Recover, TWRP on your Nexus 7 (2013).
But before we move on there are some precautions and requirements you need to fulfill in order to safely, securely and successfully Unlock, Root and Install Custom Recovery on your new Google Nexus 7.
- The Guide is only for Google Nexus 7 (2013 Edition)
- The most important, it will void your device warranty.
- Before you go further, Make sure you have setup ABD/Fastboot on your windows PC. If not, Read this: How to Setup and Install ADB/Fastboot on Windows.
- Unlocking the Bootloader on Nexus 7, will erase/wipe all data on your device, Therefore, you are advised to Backup your data.
- You also need to Enable USB Debugging on your device, from Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have enough Battery/Charge on your device.
- Last but not least, you are doing this at your own risk.
STEP 1: Unlock Bootloader on New Google Nexus 7 (2013)
1. Connect your device to the PC.
2. Go to Start->RUN->Type ‘CMD’.
3. Now in the command window type:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Now type the following command to start the unlock process:
fastboot oem unlock
5. Now you will be asked to confirm the process, use your volume up/down keys to navigate and Power button to select the option.
6. The Nexus 7 will now go to bootloader screen, hit the power button to select start to reboot into the unlock device.
By now you have just unlocked the bootloader on your device, now we need to install the Custom Recovery, here (TWRP) on your Nexus 7.
STEP 2: Instructions to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Google Nexus (2013)
1. First of all download the TWRP Custom Recovery Zip file package. [Download Link]
2. Now once the download gets complete, open the folder and rename the file to ‘recovery-twrp‘ and move/copy it to the root folder of C:\fastboot.
3. Now re-open your previous command windows, and type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp.img
4. Wait for the process to complete, the command prompt windows will show you the current processes.
5. After the completion of step4, you have successfully flushed Custom recovery file on your Google Nexus 7.
STEP 3: How to Root your Google Nexus 7 (2013)
1. First of all, download the SuperSU zip package for your Nexus 7. [Download Link]
2. Now copy/move the downloaded SuperSU file to your Sdcard.
3. After you moved the file to your device, open the window command and like before type:
adb reboot recovery
4. Now your device will automatically boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
5. Now from the TWRP Menu, Select ‘Install‘ and select the SuperSU zip file package, you have saved on your device in the step 2.6. After selecting the file, ‘Swipe to Confirm flash‘ to flash the zip file on your device.
6. When the step 5, successfully gets complete, tap the Reboot button to reboot your device.
By now you have successfully, Unlocked Bootloader, Installed TWRP Recovery and at last Rooted your New Galaxy Nexus 7.
At the end, hoping that everything has went good for you, without any errors and confusion. If in case, you still do have queries and problem at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section.[Source: XDA]