HTC One was officially released in March 2013 and so far is counted as one of the best innovative Android Smartphone of 2013. It has received an immense amount of good reviews and feedback from its users world wide. I believe it was the only HTC Smartphone who competed really well with the two smartphones giants like Samsung and Apple.
Today we will guide using the step by step tutorial, how to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on Sprint HTC One. For your knowledge CyanogenMod 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with some highly customized and advance features that unlikely you may not find on your Stock Android OS. However there are some news that there is an official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rolling out for HTC One phones. But if you’ve already got Root access on your Sprint HTC One as well have installed ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery then you should give CyanogenMod 10.2 a try and test its amazing custom features.
Before we move on to install CyanogenMod 10.2 on Sprint HTC One, there are certain guidelines and prerequisites you need to adhere and do in order to safely and successfully flash it on your device.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. The Tutorial is specifically for Sprint HTC One. Do not try to flash these files on another device or variant of HTC One. Flashing the wrong files may lead you to brick your device.
2. Make sure your device is already rooted and custom recovery is installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. As usual, we always recommends you to Backup your data before you proceed further.
4. For Transferring the zip packages to your Sprint HTC One you’ll have to Enable USB Debugging from Developers Options.
5. Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your HTC One phone, at least 70% is recommended before you proceed to install CyanogenMod 10.2, in order to avoid shutdown during the installation process.
6. You’re doing this at your own risk and do not skip any step stated in the tutorial. Note that the Custom Build CyanogenMod 10.2 has already been tested on HTC One Sprint.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Custom Build for Sprint HTC One.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROMs.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on Sprint HTC One
1. First of all Transfer the CyanogenMod 10.2 and GApps to your Sprint HTC One.
2. Once files are transferred successfully, Switch Off your HTC One and Boot it into Recovery Mode.
3. The first thing you should do in Recovery Mode is to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. What will happen, if in case, you’re really unsatisfied with CyanogenMod 10.2 features and its performance then you’ll have a chance to restore back to your current ROM using the Nandroid Backup.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. You’re also supposed to Wipe and Factory Reset your HTC One Sprint in order to make it prepare for new installations.
or CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. At last you’re ready to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on your HTC One Sprint phone.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 zip file package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Zip file package from the Storage Directory.
6. Hopefully you flushed the CyanogenMod 10.2 successfully, After that using the same method as step 5, Flash the GApps zip package, which will install the Google Apps on your device.
7. After successfully flashing both files on your HTC One, Now Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
8. Now you should see the CyanogenMod animated boot logo on your screen and note that for the first time it may take some time to boot normally, it can take up to 5 minutes, so have patience.
That’s it folks, at the end it was something easy to follow tutorial and hoping that you’ve learned, how to successfully flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on HTC One Sprint. Somehow if you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section. For more Tips and Tricks, Custom ROMs and Updates stay tuned to OhGuidMe.