CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly build is now available for AT&T Galaxy Note 2. Follow the step by step tutorial, How to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This tutorial is only for AT&T Galaxy Note 2. Do not try to flash these files on another variant of Note 2. Flashing the wrong files may brick your device.
2. Make sure your AT&T Note 2 is already rooted and Custom Recovery is already installed (CWM or TWRP Recovery).
3. If you do have important data on your device, make sure to Backup it now.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
5. Before installing CyanogenMod 10.2, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your Galaxy Note 2, at least 70% charge is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build for AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROMs.
Instructions – How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build on AT&T Galaxy Note 2
1. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC and Transfer the Downloaded CyanogenMod 10.2 and GApps packages. Remember do not extract the zip packages.
2. Disconnect your device and Switch it off to boot Galaxy Note 2 into Recovery Mode. Here is how to do it;
- Switch Off your Galaxy Note 2.
- Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time, until you see the recovery options on your screen.
- While in Recovery you should be using the Volume Up/Down buttons to navigate between options and the Power button to select the specific option.
3. Now an important step, Take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that in case you want to Restore Backup to your current rom it will then help you.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. Also Wipe Cache and Factory Reset your Galaxy Note 2 using the Recovery Options in order to prepare it for new Custom ROM installation.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally AT&T Galaxy Note 2 is now ready for CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM installation.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 zip file package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Zip file package from the Storage Directory.
6. Using the same method as you did in Step 5, Flash the GApps zip package.
7. Once both Files are successfully flushed, Using the Recovery Options Reboot your Galaxy Note 2.
8. Once you device starts to boot you should see the CyanogenMod animated boot logo on your screen. Note that it may take some time for your device to boot normally, there is nothing to be worried about it, it is just normal.
At the end, Tutorial was simple and easy, hopefully you’ve learned, How to safely and successfully Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on AT&T Galaxy Note 2. For Tutorials, Tips and Tricks stay tuned to OhGuideMe.