Google introduced Factory Reset Protection on Android 5.0 Lolipop as a security measure to protect their customer privacy and critical data getting access by unknown users. It is indeed a great security add-on to Android OS just like iCloud is used for iOS devices.
But the problem is…
Most Android users are unaware of FRP lock on/off on the device so whenever a user factory reset an Android device then; you’ll have to provide Google account credentials to access the device as you can see in the screenshot below:
It is a fact…
Most of the times we do forget email or password that we regularly use on our device to download apps from Play Store and use for other purposes such as Social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
What If you have bought a used Phone…
It can also happen if you’ve bought a used Android phone or tablet from eBay, Swappa or local market shop and was unaware of the fact that the previous owner might have left FRP Lock On on the device and you just hard reset your phone and came to this situation.
We have got you back as far as the Android security patch is working! We have a perfect solution and working method that you can use to bypass FRP on your device.
Previously there were bypass methods that are no longer working as they have been fixed with previous Android updates and there is no doubt mobile companies like Samsung and Google itself are very serious about the Android security flaws that were previously used to bypass. So you should expect these bypass methods will work forever they are certainly for a short time until Google releases a new Android update to fix bugs that might be responsible for a bypass around FRP.
What is FRP?
FRP stands for Factory reset protection. With the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google released a new security feature to protect your device and personal data.
When you set up FRP on your smartphone, It will protect it from unauthorized access if in case it gets lost, stolen or got a factory reset without your permission. Let’s say, your device with FRP enabled is stolen, lost, or even wiped data factory reset, then someone with your Google Account credentials or screen lock information can only access your device.
Realterm FRP bypass Samsung 2018
Watch the video tutorial and follow the step-by-step instructions below the video where everything is included download links etc.
1. First of all, download FRP bypass APK.
2. Also, download Realterm application. When completed install it on your PC.
3. Connect your phone to PC and find the device port no. (One of the most important steps of this tutorial) Here are the steps to find port no. On Windows:
Right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Modems > Samsung Mobile USB Modem (Since We have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge device you may own a different phone like J7, J3 or A5 but rest of the instructions and steps are same). Finally, double click to check properties and find port no as shown in the screenshots:
Note down the device port no. As you will need this in step 5 of this guide.
4. I assume you’ve already installed the realterm app. Run it now.
5. Enter the Port no and change the display settings as you can see in the screenshot:
Screenshot showing the right display settings to bypass FRP using Realterm:
We are now done with the essential settings for realterm application. Next, you’ll to enter some commands that will act as if you’re trying to make a call using your phone that will help us to open phone settings.
6. Now the real magic starts now. Select the Send tab and enter the following command:
7. You need to enter another command into the same screen and hit Send ASCII
Now you’ll keep sending the command until you see the dialer screen on the phone. You can start watching the video how it’s done and the exact time frame is 5:44.
8. Search ‘ES file explorer’ on the Samsung app store to install it. Please make sure that you’ve already got a Samsung account that will be needed to download some apps.
9. Copy the bypass apk file to your phone using an SDcard. If you don’t have an SDcard, then use the alternative method shown in the video.
10. Once you’ve copied or downloaded the apk file then open es file explorer to navigate and open the bypass app. It will pop up a security warning just check the Unknown sources to install apps from third-party source.
11. Once installed, Open the app as you can see in the screenshot below:
12. You’ll be asked to enter the Google account password again! But here is the trick. Tap on the menu options and select browser sign-in as you shown in the picture below:
13. On the next screen you can add a new Google account as shown below:
14. Now you’ve done the job! Congratulations you’ve successfully bypassed FRP login screen. All you’ve to do is restart your phone and do standard device setup. This time it will not ask for account logins, but instead, an account will already be added if you’ve carefully followed all the steps in the step-by-step guide.
As I said earlier, Android is continuously getting security updates to fix the loopholes we are currently using for bypassing.
Therefore, I would recommend you to downgrade your phone firmware version to the least possible firmware version. For example, if your Galaxy S7 Edge is running Android 7.0 Nougat, then downgrade it to Android 5.0 Lollipop or Marshmallow 6.0 and then try any of the method given above.
Now all devices including Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, and Google Pixel and Nexus have their firmware downgrade procedures.
Did you find it helpful? I do hope so! Don’t forget to let us know and share your experience in the comment section below if it has helped you in bypassing FRP lock or if you need further assistance.
I will be updating this page regularly as soon as I find a new loophole in Android security around the web. Till then Good luck.
I hope you find this detailed guide helpful? Hours are spent to make this post and make it easy-to-follow for readers. Don’t forget to share it with your friends whom devices are stuck on the same screen. Don’t forget to share your feedback in the comment section below.