Thanks in advance to a senior xda developer, who made it possible and easier to Backup [IMEI][EFS] on Galaxy Note 3.
EFS stands for Encrypting File System, and is a really important and is considered as the heart of networking and connectivity. We all know without this we won’t be able to use our device for mobile communication, which means it just becomes a gaming toy and music player.
There are always chances of losing your EFS when installing Stock Firmwares via Odin, by Installing Custom ROMs or Updating your device via OTA. These are the most common places, where there are chances of losing EFS data. Therefore it is recommended that you always Backup your EFS for your Android device.
Today, I will guide you, How to Backup EFS data using the EFS Backup and Restore tool for Galaxy Note 3. Before you proceed further, I want you to make sure you’ve already rooted your Galaxy Note 3.
1. You’ll need a Rooted Galaxy Note 3.
2. Make sure USB Drivers are already installed on your PC. If not Click Here to download Samsung USB Drivers for Windows.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 3.
4. Note that at this stage, EFS Backup&Restore tool is only available for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and N900.
1. Click Here to Download EFS Backup Tool for Galaxy Note 3 N9005.
2. Click Here to Download EFS Backup Tool for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
How to Backup&Restore EFS information on Galaxy Note 3
1. First of all extract the SAMSUNG_N9005_EFS_BACKUP zip file on your desktop.
2. You’ll get only two files as shown in the below image.
3. At this stage Connect your Galaxy Note 3 to PC via USB Cable.
4. Finally you can now Run the EFS-Backup Batch File by double clicking it. Which will open up a new window like this:
5. Further follow the instructions on the screen to Backup EFS on Galaxy Note 3.
The Backup and Restore EFS Tool for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is really easy to use, you’re guide on the screen instructions. Further if you’re confused at any step, let us know in the comment section. You can also follow the official thread on Xda forum using the below link. For more Tutorials, Tips and Tricks and Updates stay tuned to OhGuideMe.[via xda]