Hey Galaxy S4 users, You can now update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the AOSP Custom ROM, we will guide you using step by step guide, How to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the AOSP Custom ROM. If you have makeup your mind to update Galaxy S4, then follow the instructions and guidelines down below to do it safely and successfully.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This Update guide is only for Galaxy S4 I9500. Therefore, do not try to attempt this method on other variants of Galaxy S4, it may brick your device.
2. You should have Factory Unlocked, Rooted Galaxy S4 I9500, and also Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) should be installed.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S4, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
4. Create a Backup of your important data.
5. Make sure you’ve at least 60% Batter charge on Samsung Galaxy S4.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We’ll shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that the AOSP Custom ROM has already been tested and is confirmed to be working on Galaxy S4 I9500.
1. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy S4 I9500.
2. Click Here to Download AOSP Custom ROM for Galaxy S4.
How to How to Update Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using AOSP Custom ROM
1. First connect your Galaxy S4 to PC via Data Cable and Transfer/Copy the I9500-XWUBMG1-AOSPortv2-b11.zip to the root storage of your Micro SD Card.
2. After transferring the files, you can then disconnect your GS4 from PC.
3. Now you need to Reboot GS4 into Recovery Mode. Here is how to do it;
- First of all, Switch-off your GS4.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, till you see the recovery options on your screen.
4. It is always recommended, Before installing a custom ROM create Nandroid Backup. Here is how to make it;
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is now ready to be updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the AOSP Custom ROM.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the I9500-XWUBMG1-AOSPortv2-b11.zip file and confirm.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select theI9500-XWUBMG1-AOSPortv2-b11.zip, file for Galaxy S4, after then swipe to confirm.
6. Depending on your device, it can take some time to flash the AOSP Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 I9500, so have patience.
7. Once both files are successfully flashed, Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
Once your device boots normally, it should be running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Hopefully you’ve learned, How to successfully Update Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using AOSP Custom ROM. For further Tips and Tricks and Updates stay tuned to OhGuideMe.