This tutorial will guide you through, to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Model “SGH-I747” and “SGH-I747M”. If you have the right device and Model no, then you are on the right place to Root Your Samsung Galaxy S3. It is recommended that you double check your Galaxy S3 Model no. from Settings App and “About Device“.
There are a few requirements and files you need to download before you proceed further.
1. Download Odin3 V1.85 from here [Direct Link]
2. Download CF Auto Root for your Device Model:
- If your device Model is “SGH-i747 Root” then Click here to download.
- For Device Model No. “SGH-i747M Root” Click here to download.
3. Also Disable any Anti-virus program, or Any other program running on your PC, cause it may interfere your root process.
4. Very important, Enable USB Debugging from Developers Options, from your Galaxy S3 Settings App, in the “About Device” Menu. If you don’t know how to do it. Read this article.
5. It will be wise, to Backup your important data before you proceed.
6. Last words, You are doing it at your own risk!!
Now when you have downloaded the necessary files specifically for your Samsung Galaxy S3 model, you are ready to Root Samsung Galaxy S3:
Follow the Instructions to Root your Galaxy S3
STEP 1. Now i would recommend you to, put your downloaded files on your desktop and create a new folder for it. Also unzip the files.
STEP 2. Make sure your phone is not connected to your PC. Now double click the Odin3.exe to run it. You should get a menu like this:
STEP 3. Now switch off your device, and put it into Download Mode By Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Button. It may ask you to press any key to continue to Download Mode, do as you are instructed by the phone.
STEP 4. Now do not modify the settings, in the Odin3, leave it as it is. Be sure, that the “Repartition” is Not checked.
STEP 5. Now you can hit the PDA Button and select the file you extracted from CF Auto Root folder.
STEP 6. Once you selected the right file, click on “START Button” to start rooting your Galaxy S3 device.
STEP 7. Wait for Odin to process and prepare the Root data files for your device.
STEP 8. Once you see the the green button which says “PASS“, congrats you have successfully root access your Galaxy S3. Now you can disconnect your device from PC. Now to confirm your Root, Go to your Apps section and Find SuperSU App, which confirms that you have successfully root your device access.
You have now successfully granted Root Access for your Samsung Galaxy s3. Now you are ready to install custom ROM’s and improve your device performance. If you find any confusion or problem during your Rooting process, please let us know in the comment area, and we let you know how to solve it.