Follow the step by step guide, How Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 and Install Custom Recovery ClockworkMod. Using the step by step tutorial, you’ll be able to safely and successfully Root your Galaxy Note 3 N900T with installation of ClockworkMod Recovery, which gives you the ability to Flash Custom ROMs and further modification your stock OS.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. Rooting your Galaxy Note 3 will void its warranty.
2. This Rooting Tutorial is specifically for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3. Do not try to flash these files on another device, flashing the wrong files may brick your device.
3. It is recommended to Backup your data, although rooting does not wipe data on your device.
4. Make sure you’ve installed USB drivers on your PC. If not Click Here to download and install it on your PC.
5. Another important step, Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 3, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
6. Last but not the least, Do it on your own risk. Note that it has already been tested on Galaxy Note 3 and is working smoothly.
1. Click Here to Download CF-Auto-Root package for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3.
2. Click Here to Download ClockworkMod Recovery package for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T.
How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 N900T Using CF-Auto-Root
1. First unzip the downloaded files on your desktop.
2. Now Switch-Off your Galaxy Note 3 and boot it into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time, until you see a warning message on your screen. After then just hit the Volume Up button.
3. Now from the extracted folder, run Odin3-v1.85. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are only checked.
4. Now connect your Galaxy Note 3 to PC using the USB Cable. At this point make sure Odin recognizes your device. If not try changing the USB Port or reinstall the drivers.
5. Finally you’re ready to Root Galaxy Note 3 using CF-Auto-Root package.
6. From Odin just hit the PDA button and select the ‘CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.tar.md5′ file and then hit the Start button.
7. Within a minute, your Galaxy Note 3 shall be rooted. Once it gets completed Odin will notify you using the PASS!! Message on Odin screen and during this your device will automatically reboot.
Congrats folks, you have just rooted your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, SuperSU App should now be installed on your Galaxy Note 3 and you can also verify root access by installing ‘Root Checker’ app from Google Play store.
How to install ClockworkMod Custom Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
Installing Custom Recovery enables you to Flash Custom ROM’s and Mods. After Rooting your Galaxy Note 3, you can now flash CWM Recovery on Rooted Galaxy Note 3 using Odin. Follow the instructions below to install CWM Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3.
1. Just like before you did, Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode.
2. Then Run Odin application on your PC.
3. Hit the PDA button and select the ‘n900t-cwm-recovery-220.127.116.11(0925).tar‘ file and then hit the START button.
4. Once it gets completed, same like before Odin will notify you, using the PASS!! message on Odin Screen.
That’s it folks, By now you should have successfully Rooted and Installed CWM Custom Recovery on Galaxy Note 3. For more updates, Tips and Tricks stay tuned to OhGuideMe.