Galaxy S3 is one of the stable version of Galaxy S series by Samsung Mobiles. Oh sorry, here our main concern is how to Root and Install ClockwordMod (CWM) Recovery on your Galaxy S3. Before we proceed i want to make it clear, if you do have, T-Mobile/Sprint/AT&T/Rogers/Bell Galaxy S3 SGH-T999/SPH-L710/SCH-I747, then your device is absoultely eligible for this tutorial. Before we proceed further I want you to understand the following things and also download the required files, you will need to Root your Galaxy S3.
- First of all, download Odin3 from here
- Download the CWM file for your device, CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar.md5 [Direct Link]
- Also download the Root Package Zip file and move/copy it to your device Sdcard. [Direct Link]
- Before you proceed further, make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from Settings>>Developers Options.
- When you complete the above stated requirements, now you also need to create a Backup of your device data.
- I would recommend you to have at least 60% Battery. Also Disable any anti-virus program running on your PC.
- You should know, that it may void your device warranty.
- Last but not least, You are doing it, at your own risk!!
Make sure you have acted upon the above mentioned points and have downloaded the required files which will used to install CWM and Root your Galaxy S3. Now when you fulfilled the requirements follow the instructions:
Instructions to Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery On Galaxy S3
STEP 1. Now Switch Off your device, and put it into Download Mode,by Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons. Once you notice the Downloading… now press Volume Up key to confirm download mode.
STEP 2. Now run the Odin3.exe Application, which you should have extracted from Odin file. Also make sure it detects your device.
STEP 3. Before you proceed further, note that the ‘Auto Root’ is not checked.
STEP 4. Now click on the ‘PDA’ and select the “CWM-Recovery-LTE-SGS3-v5.tar.md5″, file and hit the START, button. It can take up to 30 seconds.
STEP 5. As we have not selected Auto Root in step 3, Now you need to Boot it into CWM Recovery mode. I will tell you how to do it:
- First Remove Battery from your device, and wait for a few seconds and then put it back.
- Now press and hold the following keys: Volume Up+Home+Power Buttons.Keep holding the Volume Up+Home, and you can release the Power Button unless your device vibrates and see Samsung Logo. You will keep holding the two keys (Volume Up+Home) button unless you see the following, as shown in the below image:
STEP 6. Use your Volume up and down keys to navigate through options and power button to select any option.
STEP 7. Now select “Install Zip from Sdcard” option and select the “TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip” from your sdcard. You should remember the location where you have placed it.
STEP 8. Now once the it gets complete and go back and select “reboot system now“.
Congrats you have successfully installed CWM Recovery Mode and Root your Galaxy S3. While your device Reboots, you will notice this message ” Android is Upgrading..”. Now go to apps sections and find the SuperSU App and run it which should give you a successful Root message.
Hope so, you have understood all the steps, as it was little comprehensive at the end. If you do have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section.