A few days ago, Apple officially released iOS7 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. You probably would have noticed many changes to yours, it is now simpler in design as well as in use. There are a number of tips and tricks in iOS7 that today I would like to share with you, in order to get the most out of iOS7.
1. How to Disable Parallax Effect in iOS7
One of the notable feature of iOS7 is Parallax Effect, I hope so you know about this feature, but then in simpler words, when shake your device, you’ll notice that Background wallpaper behind the icons also shakes. Here is how you can disable it:
- First go to Settings.
- Then head over to Accessibility tab.
- There you’ll find Reduce Motion, option, just slide it and you’ll be able to disable the Parallax effect on your iDevice.
2. How to Disable Unwanted Calls and SMS on iOS7
Another useful feature you’ll find on iOS7 is the ability to Block unwanted calls and SMS for specific users. Here is how you can do it:
- First of all, head over to Settings.
- Then go to Phone tab.
- There you’ll find the Blocked, option.
- From there you can add contacts, you would like to Block.
3. How to Disable Control Center on iOS7 Lock Screen
Control Center is the prominent feature of iOS7, and notable thing about the Control Center is that, it can be even accessed from the Lock Screen, and that is something, normally people do not like. So how do we disable control center on iOS7 lock screen? Here is how to do it:
- First launch the Settings App.
- Then tap on Control Center.
- There you’ll find 2 options, ‘Access on Lock Screen‘ and ‘Access within Apps‘.
- Now just swipe to Disable Control Center on iOS7 Lock Screen, You can also disable it within the Apps.
4. How to improve Battery Life issues with iOS7
Although iOS7 is much more advance than before, but then some people are complaining about the Battery life in iOS7, so if your device drains battery quickly there is the quickest option you can disable it, which will certainly improve battery life for your IOS device running iOS7. Here is how you can do it;
- Head over to Settings App.
- Then head over to General tab.
- There you’ll find Background App Refresh option.
- Here you’re given the option, to completely disable the background App refresh for all apps or you can also choose certain apps.
5. How to Disable Automatic Updates for Apps in iOS7
iOS7 also automatically updates your Apps, unlike iOS6 where you’ve had to manually update each app. If you do not like this feature of iOS7 for some reasons, fortunately there is a way to get rid of Automatic Updates on iOS7. Here is how you can do it:
- Head over to Settings App.
- Under settings options, head over to iTunes & App Store.
- Over there just swipe button in front of the Updates.
- Now you’ll no longer be able to get Automatic Updates installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
6. How to get back the Bold Font on iOS7
Out of many astonishing features in iOS7 design, you’ll notice the font, it is now a bit slimmer, simpler and lighter, which some people found it to be boring and unable to read, so here is a way how to get the Bold Font on iOS7 for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- First of all, Launch the Settings App in iOS7.
- Head over to General tab.
- Then Accessbility.
- Finally swipe to enable Bold Text.
- Here you’ll be prompted to Reboot your device, in order save changes. Tap the continue and that’s it.
Hopefully you’ve found our iOS7 Tips and Tricks, useful. For more tips and tricks stay tuned to OhGuideMe.