If you’ve already rooted your Galaxy S2 I9100G with Custom Recovery installed, then probably you would be looking for a Custom ROM. SlimBean is one of the best Custom ROM out there for Android devices. If you’re looking forward to install Custom ROM on Galaxy S2, then Follow this step by step guide to install SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM on Galaxy S2.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This custom ROM installation guide is specifically for Galaxy S2 I9100G. Do not try to flash these files on another device, it may brick your device.
2. Make sure your device is already rooted with custom Recovery installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. Backup your phone data before you proceed further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S2 by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Also make sure you’ve got enough charge on your Galaxy S2, at least 70% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Remember that this guide is only for educational purposes and SlimBean Custom ROM has already been tested on Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100G, and is confirmed to be working.
1. Click Here to Download SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM for Galaxy S2.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install SlimBean Android 4.3 Stable Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100G
1. Connect your Galaxy S2 to PC and move the download zip files to the root storage on your SD Card.
2. After then Reboot your device into Recovery Mode.
- First Switch Off your Galaxy S2.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, until you see the Recovery options on your screen.
3. Once in the Recovery Mode, It is important to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. Later if you decided to switch back to your current ROM
4. Now prepare your GS2 for the Custom ROM installation, by clearing system cache and factory resetting.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your GS2 is now ready to install SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM;
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select SlimBean Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the SlimBean Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom ROM is successfully flushed on Galaxy S2, then use the same method, as in Step 5, to flash the GApps zip file.
7. After everything is done successfully, using the recovery options, Reboot your device. Remember for the first time, it make take some time to boot normally, there is nothing to be worried about, it is normal.
Hopefully on the other side, everything went up smoothly and you’ve successfully installed SlimBean Android 4.3 Custom on Galaxy S2 I9100G. For more Tips and Tricks, Updates, Guides&Tutorials stay connected with us.