Samsung Galaxy Note II is truly is an amazing creative Android device, and you must be the luckiest champ to have owned this mighty device. Now you must be planning to get most of it, by rooting, and installing custom recoveries, ROM’s and so on. Perfect idea, today I will guide you, using step by step instructions, How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
Before we move on further, there are certain things you should know, before rooting your Galaxy Note 2.
Preparing Your Device
- The guide is only for Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, do not try this on another variant of Galaxy Note 2. Otherwise it can brick your device.
- Another important point, Your device should be factory unlocked.
- It is recommended that your Backup your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers Options.
- Also enable Unknown sources from the Settings->Security options.
- Be sure that you enough charge on your device, at least 60% is recommended.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. If you really, don’t know, what you’re doing with your device, please do not play this game.
- Make sure that you’ve installed the Samsung USB drivers on your PC. If not then Click Here to Download it.
- Download CF-Auto Root file zip package for Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Click Here
- Also download TWRP Recovery Zip package. Click Here
Now when you have followed and acted upon the above mentioned guidelines, you’re now ready to Root and Install Custom Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2. There are 2 parts of the guide, First we will Root Galaxy Note 2 using Odin3 and then we will flash TWRP Recovery.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
1. First of all, make sure you’ve correctly installed USB drivers for your device. If somehow it is not connected, try to change the port.
2. Now you need to Reboot your Galaxy Note 2 into Download Mode, here is how to do it:
- Switch-Of your device first.
- Now press and hold the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power‘ Buttons at the same time, until you see the warning message on your screen.
- Now just hit the Volume Up button and you’re in Download Mode.
3. Now extract the CF-Auto Root zip file package and run the Odin3-V1.85.exe.
4. Now connect your device to PC using a data cable and make sure Odin recognizes your Galaxy Note 2. (In Odin3 the ID:COM port, yellow or blue means that it has detected your device)
5. Now click the PDA button and browse the folder you have earlier extracted and select the file, CF-Auto-Root-jflte–jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5.
6. After selecting the correct file, just hit the START Button from Odin. Within a min it will flash the CF-Auto Root file on your Galaxy Note 2. Once it is done, you’ll see green box, with the message PASS! In Odin screen. Also your device will Reboot automatically.
After your Note 2 reboots normally, make sure that the SuperSU App will be installed on your device, which means you’ve now rooted accessed your Galaxy Note 2 successfully. But folks we are not finished yet, we have to install custom recovery (in this case we’re going to install TWRP Recovery) as well on your device, so that you’re able to flash custom ROM’s etc.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 2
1. Again Reboot your Galaxy Note 2 into Download Mode as you have done earlier.
2. Launch Odin3-v1.85.exe and again make sure it has detected your device.
3. Now just like before hit the PDA button and this time select the ‘openrecovery–twrp-188.8.131.52-t03g.img.tar‘ file. After that again hit the START Button to flash the TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2.
4. Just like before, wait while Odin flashes custom recovery on your device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you using the green PASS! Message and your device will automatically get rebooted.
That’s it folks, By now you should have learned, How to Root and Install Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
How to Reboot Galaxy Note 2 into Recovery Mode
After installing the Custom Recovery (Like we’ve just installed TWRP Recovery), follow these instructions to Reboot your Note 2 into Recovery Mode.
- Turn-off your Galaxy Note 2.
- Now press and hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power Buttons at the same time, until you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
At the end, I tried my best to make everything as simple as possible. Hopefully everything went smooth for you and you’ve successfully rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note II. If in any case, you are still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section.