HTC One is brilliantly designed, innovative and one of the best android Smartphone phone released in the year 2013. You are lucky one to be the owner of such great android phone. That’s enough! Now come to the main point; how to Root your Sprint HTC One and Install Touch ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery? I will guide you step by step to Root your HTC One using the easiest method, which does not require a lot of time and technical knowledge, you can call it a one click method to Root your HTC One (M7spr) within a minute.
Things you should know before Rooting your Sprint HTC One
- Most important to proceed further make sure you have unlocked Bootloader on your HTC One.
- Rooting will void your device warranty.
- Install Android SDK on your PC. [Click Here to Download]
- It is also recommended that you Backup your important Data!
- Make sure you have installed HTC USB Drivers or Sync Manager or [Click here to download]
- Most important of all, Download the ‘DV_Sprint-HTC-One.zip’ [Click Here to Download]
Now when you have understood the terms&conditions, and have downloaded the necessary files, you are now ready to start Rooting your Sprint HTC One (M7spr).
Instructions to Install CWM/TWRP Recovery on Sprint HTC One
In order to Install or Flash customs ROM’s on your Sprint HTC One, you need to install custom recovery. Here at this stage, you have three alternatives to install Custom Recovery on your HTC One:
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- TWRP Recovery
- Philz Custom Recovery
Now it’s up to you which one you prefer to install from the above mentioned three types of Recovery Modes.
1. First of all, you need to put your device in Bootloader mode, By Holding the Volume Down+Power Button at the same time, now when HTC One boots, release the power button for a second and then again press the power button, until you see the bootloader options. Now navigate to Fastboot options using Volume Up/Down keys and select it using the Power key.
2. Now connect your Sprint HTC One to PC. And extract/unzip the DV_Sprint-HTC-One.zip file on your desktop.
3. Now go to Start Menu->Run->Type ‘cmd’.
4. Now go to the Dv_Sprint-HTC-One folder and copy the folder location as shown below:
Here you have the option to install any of the Recovery Mode:
To Install Classic CWM Recovery type the following in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-m7spr.img
To install Touch CWM Recovery type the following in the window command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-m7spr.img
For TWRP Recovery Mode type the following in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-m7wls.img
Step 6. By Now you have successfully installed Custom Recovery mode of your choice.
Follow the step by step Instructions to Root Sprint HTC One
1. Before we begin the rooting process, first of all, Download the SuperSU zip file package and save/move it to your device. [Download Link]
2. Now again Switch-Off your device and boot it into Bootloader mode as you did earlier.
3. Now using your Volume keys, from Bootloader menu, select Recovery and choose the Install Zip from SD Card ->Choose a zip from SD card. Now select the zip you have moved to your HTC One and Yes to flash it.
4. Now wait for the installation to complete, and Reboot your device from Recovery menu.
That’s it folks, By now you have successfully Rooted Your Sprint HTC One (M7spr). If you do have confusion at step let me know, in the comment section.