CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM For Nexus 7 (WI-Fi, 2013)
CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM is an outstanding and one of the best Customized ROM out there for many Android devices, it has the ability to optimize your device performance and take it to the next level, with highly customized graphics and many more options to enjoy right on your android rooted device. Yeah, exactly! In order to install CyanogenMod you need to first Root your device and install custom recovery, like TWRP Recovery.
Follow this guide, to install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on your Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi, 2013).
Preparing Your Device
Before we move on to install CyanogenMod 10.2 on your Nexus 7, there are certain guidelines and prerequisites that you should know and do in order to successfully go through all the steps and flash the Nightly ROM without any errors.
- First of all the guide is only for Nexus 7 Flo (Wi-Fi 2013 Edition)
- Important one, Make sure you’ve already Rooted and Installed Custom Recovery on your Nexus 7, If not Click Here to do it now.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device, by going to Settings-> Developers Options-> USB Debugging.
- Make sure you’ve got enough charge on your device, at least 60% charge is recommended.
- Also, check that you have installed the USB drivers on your PC. (You’ll later need to transfer files to your device)
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk!! If you really don’t know, what you’re doing with your device, then it is recommended that you don’t play this game.
- Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM for Google Nexus Flo (Wi-Fi 2013 Edition)
- Click Here to Download GApps
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on New Nexus 7 Flo (Wi-Fi)
1. Firstly, Save/Move the downloaded file (CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM) on the root storage on your device.
2. Now you need to Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. (In this case, we’ve installed TWRP Recovery but the method is same, if you have installed CWM):
- Switch-Off your Nexus 7 Flo.
- Now press and hold the ‘Volume Up+Power’ Buttons at the same time, till you see the Teamwin recovery options or menu.
4. Now in the TWRP Recovery options, just tap the WIPE button. Then tap on Advance Wipe-> then check the following options:
- Dalvik Cache
After then move the slider to wipe.
5. Now tap back to navigate to Main TWRP Recovery Options.
6. Now tap on the ‘INSTALL‘ Button and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM zip file. Just like before Swipe to confirm flash.
7. Now again tap back and then select the GApps folder and same like before Swipe to confirm flash. Once the GApps zip file is flashed successfully, from there again tap the ‘Wipe Cache/Dalvik‘ and then Swipe to wipe.
8. Navigate to the main menu again and tap the last option called ‘REBOOT->SYSTEM’.
At the end, I tried my best, to make every this as simple and easy to so that everyone can understand, and be able to install CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi, 2013). Hopefully you’ve understood all the steps, and by following the exact steps, you’ll be able to do it successfully and smoothly without any errors. If in any case, you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section.