Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This Custom ROM Update Guide is specifically for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305. Do not attempt to flash these files on other devices, it can brick your device.
2. Your LTE Galaxy S3, must be Factory Unlocked, Rooted with Custom Recovery Installed. (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery)
3. Backup your data, before you proceed further.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your LTE Galaxy S3, by going to Settings->Developers Opitons->USB Debugging.
5. Before installing the Custom ROM on LTE Galaxy S3, make sure you have got enough battery charged on your device. At least 70% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, We shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that the Custom Carbon ROM Firmware has been tested on Galaxy S3 LTE and is confirmed to be working smoothly.
1. Click Here to Download Carbon JB Nightly Android 4.3 Custom ROM for Galaxy S3 LTE I9305.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROMs.
How to Install Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Galaxy S3 LTE
1. Now Connect your LTE Galaxy S3 to PC using the USB Cable and Transfer the Download Files, Custom ROM and GApps zip packages.
2. After then Switch Off your Galaxy S3 and Boot it into Recovery Mode, by Pressing and keep holding the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, till you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
3. At this stage, do not forget to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM. Nandroid Backup will help you restore back to your previous ROM, in case you want it for any reasons.
For TWRP Recovery – Select the ‘Restore and Backup’ option and then confirm to Backup.
For CWM Recovery – Tap on the Backup and select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. In order to prepare your Galaxy S3 LTE for custom ROM installation, Wipe the system cache and Factory reset it.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5. Finally you’re only one step away to install to Custom ROM on your Galaxy S3.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip package.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the Carbon JB Nightly ROM gets successfully flushed, then the same step 5, Install the GApps zip on your device.
7. In the end, using the recovery options, Reboot your Galaxy S3 LTE.
8. Now just wait for the device to boot normally, remember that for the it may take longer when booting for the first time. There is nothing to be worried about it, it is just normal.
At the end, Hopefully you’ve understood the step by step guide, How to Safely and Successfully install the Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Galaxy S3 LTE. If you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section, we’ll try our best to help you out. For Tips and Tricks, Updates, Guides and Tutorials stay tuned to OhGuideMe.