If you’re using Rooted Verizon Galaxy S4, you may be interested in flashing Unofficial AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM on your Android device. Here you can learn, How to Easily Flash Unofficial AOKP 4.3 JellyBean Preview ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S4, safely. We will guide you, using the step by step instructions, to successfully flash Custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S4.
Before we move on further, it is recommended that you read the prerequisites and guidelines, in order to flash the ROM without any errors.
- First of all, this only for Verizon Galaxy S4 SCH-I547, if you do have other variant of Galaxy S4, please do not try this, it may brick your device.
- Then your device should be Factory Unlocked, Rooted and must have installed Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP).
- It is recommended that you Backup your important data. It can be contacts, SMS, Apps data and so on..
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers Options.
- Make sure you’ve enough battery on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk! If you really don’t know what you’re doing, then it is recommended that you do not play this game :P.
How to Flash Unofficial AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM on Verizon Galaxy S4
1. First you need to Download Unofficial AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM. After download, do not the extract the zip file. Click Here
2. You also need to Download GApps for Android 4.3 for Custom ROM’s. After download do not extract the zip file. Click Here
3. Now after you’ve downloaded the files, Copy these files to your device to your device internal memory.
4. Now you can Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. Lets do it:
- Switch-Off your device.
- Now press and hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ Buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons, when you see the recovery options.
5. It is recommended that you create Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM, If in any case, you were unable to flash this Custom ROM on your device, then you can restore back to your current ROM and Settings. So depending on your recovery, do the following:
- ClockworkMod (CWM), Select ‘backup and restore’ Option and confirm.
- For TWRP Recovery, Tap Backup and select the files you want to Backup.
6. After you’ve created Nandroid Backup, Now Wipe/Factory Reset your device using recovery options.
7. Now its time to Flash AOKP 4.3 Jelly Bean Preview ROM on your Verizon Galaxy S4. Depending on your Recovery:
- For CWM: Choose the ‘Install Zip from Sd Card’ and choose the ROM file.
- For TWRP: Choose the ‘Intall’ and choose the ROM file.
Do have some patience, while your device flashes AOKP ROM on your VGS4, it can take some time, depending on your device.
8. Now you’re suppose to Flash the GApps zip file the same way, as you’ve done in the step 7.
9. After successfully flashing the files, you can Reboot your device from Recovery Options.
10. That’s it folks, Now when your device reboots normally, just put in your Google account and you’re done.
At the end, hoping that everything has went smooth, without any errors. Still if any case you get an error or confused at step, do not forget to ask in the comment section. Additionally if you do not like its features, you can always Restore Back to your Previous ROM using the Nandroid Backup.[via]