The good news is on its way for Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi GT-N5110 users, as now they can download the leaked Android 4.2.2 firmware for their devices. Thanks to the SamMobile guys who always made such things possible, also to the Samsung, who are always ready to bring latest firmwares updates for our mobile devices. The new firmware Android 4.2.2 is absolutely loaded with latest new features and have brought bugs fixes, mainly to the Battery life, as previously you would have experienced in the previous versions. So who dares to load your device with the latest 4.2.2 firmware? If yes then follow the below step by step instructions to get hands on the latest Android 4.2.2 ROM for Galaxy Note 8 WiFi.
Before you proceed further, i want you to know something:
- You are doing it, at your own risk.
- This is still not released officially.
- Before you proceed further, Create a Backup, if you have important data on your Galaxy Note 8.0
- Also, important one, be sure, you have enough Battery on your device.
- Most important, Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developers Options in your Settings App.
Once you understand the above mentioned points, and you made you mind to move ahead and Install the 4.2.2 Leaked Firmware on your Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi, then first of all download the following files, and keep them on your Desktop.
1. Download Odin3 V3.07 [Download Link]
2. Download the Leaked Android 4.2.2 Firmware and extract/unzip it, it should contain 4 types of files. [Download Link]
Follow the Instructions to Install Android 4.2.2 Leaked Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi
Step 1. First of all Launch Odin3.exe application, and make sure that the Repartition is not checked and check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset options from Odin3 menu.
Step 2. Turn-off your Galaxy Note 8.0, and Boot it into Download Mode, by Holding the following Buttons at the same time; Volume Down+Home+Power Button. Further, it will ask you to confirm the download mode on your device, then just hit the Volume Up button.
Step 3. Now connect your device to PC, and make sure Odin recognizes your device, it will give you a hint when it recognizes it; ID:COM port on Odin will turn Blue.
- Click on the PDA Button and select; “CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar”
- Now hit the PIT Button and select this file from extracted folder; “kona_wifi.pit”.
- At last, click on the CSC Button and select this following file from the extracted folder; “CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar”
Step 6. Now when everything gets ready, Click on start button to install the leaked Android 4.2.2 Firmware on your Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi. Now wait while Odin flashes the update for your Galaxy Note 8, do not disconnect your device unless Odin prompt you PASS message with Green labelled box at the top left corner of Odin Menu, and your device will also Reboot once the installation gets complete.
That’s it Folks! Hope it worked for you. Let us know in the comment sections about your experience with the new android 4.2.2 on your Galaxy Note 8.